The Innovative Educator

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Moving Right Along...

My Instructional Website is finished and submitted.  I see many similarities between the instructional website and the webquest.  They have an introduction page, they have objectives, tasks, resource links and a means of guiding or walking the student through the project.  The webquest had sections for instructing other teachers.  I suppose that could be included in an instructional website, optionally.

My instructional website is one section/unit/project within my second year horticulture landscape design II course in higher education.  I created it as though the course textbook did not include a section on designing rain gardens.  I will include it in my CMS next.  The webquest will be another section/unit/project in my CMS. It is on the topic of designing a garden space with willow structures. The podcast I created will be the introduction to another section on extending the growing season with high, medium, and low tunnel structures.  The overall theme to my landscape design course is that good landscape design can be creative and cost effective to include all garden users.   It can serve many purposes besides aesthetics and there are many niche markets to consider for the landscape designer.  This is a course I would be excited to teach.

2 comments:

  1. The instructional website and webquest are similar as you mentioned. I found it challenging to design the webquest because I perceived it to be essentially the same as the instructional website.

    I think your idea for your CMS sounds thought out and seems like it will flow from one concept to the next. I would be interested in taking your course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn,
    I think that all 3 assignments ran together. I'm sure that this was the point. However, I had so many problems with my instructional website. But, I sat down and completed it. I think it came out okay. I kept trying to figure out my points so I could guess what I needed on the Instructional website to pass the class! Ha! I don't think i need to worry now, at least I hope not. But it was very frustrating. This was probably the most difficult assignment and I think it was because of the topic I chose. It was very difficult to find videos and good resources for composition. I should have done math!

    ReplyDelete